Tuesday 1 April 2008

THE ART OF THE NUDE




























THE ART OF THE NUDE: ARTISTS EXPLORE THE HUMAN FORM | Guest Curators John Wilson & Roger Cucksey | Newport Museum and Art Gallery | July - September 2008

An exhibition exploring the genre of the nude in the permanent collections of the Newport Museum and Art Gallery.














"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed" - William Blake

"The body always expresses the spirit whose envelope it is. And for him who can see, the nude offers the richest meaning" - Auguste Rodin

"I was trained as a painter. I'm very familiar with the nude body, masculine and feminine. I do, I suppose have a soapbox position, and I want to be certain that the human body is in the center of the frame. Its physicality is important and is always very, very strongly positive because I think that that physicality would begin to lose perspective over all the other senses" - Peter Greenaway, Film-maker


Resources

  • Video clip [1]: The selection process for the exhibition [ Posted 1 April 2008]





.

No comments: